Friday, June 26, 2009

Name one character. Rewrite a short excerpt of the story from this character's point of view.

Friday, June 26, 2009
Book read: Raven's Gate from The Power of Five - Anthony Horowitz

Character: Matt Freeman

Pg.10, 3rd paragraph


I only had three pounds in my pocket, saved up from the newspaper round. Another twenty pounds was at home, hidden in a box under my bed. I needed money. It wasn't just because my trainers were falling apart and the games on my XBox were six months out of date. Money was power. Money was independence. I was in need of it and tonight I was here because I wanted some.
But already, I was wishing I hadn't come. It was all wrong. It was stupid. Why had I ever agreed in the first place?
I glanced at my watch. Ten past six. We had arranged to meet at a quarter to. Well, that was excuse enough. I swung myself off the wall and headed across the station front. Not taking more than a couple of steps, an older boy appeared out of nowhere and blocked my path.

0 comments:

 
◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates